Thursday, March 13, 2008

Why does rejection hurt us so much?

An acquaintance of mine basically told me that she didn't want to talk to me anymore. No explanation. Just "please remove me from your lists." We had never been really friends, I guess, but we had talked and corresponded a bit, shared moves, family deaths, personal problems over a period of about 6 or 7 years. She had pointed me in some interesting directions and had given me some really good advice.
Truthfully, it has been a year since we corresponded and I guess I should not really be surprised but I did feel embarrassed. It has weighed on my mind. And, no, I didn't write her back and ask why. I will just let it go.
I can't say why this bothers me so much. I guess I valued what I received from her and obviously I wasn't "good enough" (and I know I am not expressing myself well here) for her to "keep". Does that make sense?

1 comment:

Jake's a Girl said...

:( I'm sorry you were hurt. People do things that are really strange sometimes.

You would have thought that she would have explained why if she was upset enough to ask you to remove her from your list.

It's the not knowing that hurts. The why. The not being able to defend yourself if you needed to.

Despite what she may or may not think. I think you are a great, loving person and your worth is unmeasureable!


(((HUGS))) Jake.