Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hi Y'all

Greetings from the South.

Don't know why I want to do this. It's not like I am just overwhelmed with spare time.

I do remote coding for a local hospital which just means I get to work at home. I pretty much can set my own hours as long as I am on during my "core" hours for coverage. I am fortunate in that my direct supervisor is pretty lenient as long as you don't abuse the system.

My husband and I have custody of our 5 year old grandson, my Dew, Doo, Doodle, Doodle-Bug, Bug-Face, Bugs, Bugs Bunny. The absolute light of my life. However. There is a reason God gave children to young people! I am EXHAUSTED!!! Doodle is home from school today with a stomach bug and is finally keeping gingerale down. I know ~~ he's supposed to have Pedialyte but I don't have any! You can imagine how much work I've gotten done.

I come from a rather large family, 3 brothers and 4 sisters. All 5 girls live within 15 miles of each other. My dad and step mom also live here. My mother died of cancer several years ago.

I have two children, a daughter who is married to our favorite Marine. They have two beautiful (I'm such a grandma!!) children, a 2 year old girl and a 6 month old boy. My son, the metal freak, is married to a like-soul. Their main occupations are tattoos and body piercings. They are the parents of my Doodle. They love him fiercely but just can't take care of him right now.

My dad has appointed me the "Family Matriarch" even tho I'm not the oldest. It just seems that a lot of family information is funneled thru me. I am the one called to relay information and arrange family gatherings for whatever reason.

The most recent will be for my niece and nephew-in-law. Brandon is in the USAF stationed in AZ. Bonnie and Brandon are expecting their first and will be coming home on leave over Easter. So, of course, Bon wants to get as much of the family together as possible. I'm arranging an Easter night supper for the family with BBQ, ham, salads, and desserts. Fortunately, with 4 sisters and several nieces here in town, the work gets spread around.

This will probably not be the most interesting blog you will ever read, but it will chronicle (I hope) my family life and happenings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!! it's Peggi from the LHBB. Great job on your blogs! It is fun reading them. Thank you for sharing. :)

Bumbleebee82 said...

I'm soooooooo hungry now!! I can't wait to eat... how sad! Oh, yeah and I can't wait to see you guys either!! I feel so special having my name in your cool blog! Hooray...