Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Life on a Diet


This is week 10 of my one year committment. As of yesterday afternoon, I had lost 16.5 lbs, which is (obviously) 1.6 lbs a week, practically perfect. Some weeks were more, some less, but the average is good. We start pole walking (that's pole-WALKING as opposed to pole dancing) the week of April 1st.

I think this diet is spot on. My new favorite snack food is 2 Tbs of hummis mixed with a half-cup of salsa and pretzel chips to dip. Hummis is pureed chick peas and olive oil with various herbs and spices mixed in for variety. My favorite is Sabra's Hummis with Green and Black Olives. I can absolutely do without any chips and dips when I have this. I also LOVE the 100 calorie packs of Oreo Candy Bites. They are so good!

I think my failure is going to be cake. It's an oral/texture type thing. I haven't given in yet but I feel that it is just a matter of time. I don't want just candy, ice cream, chocolate or just anything sweet. I crave POUND cake, chocolate layer cake with fudge frosting, chocolate ganache cake, pineapple upside down cake, cupcakes; and I want APPLE PIE! I have a recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks (see blog link below) for apple dumplings that look like they are fabbo (or maybe flab-o??). She said she had to throw hers away after eating several because "they are evil and must be destroyed." I can't wait to make them. But I'll do it with Splenda Baking Mix and diet Mountain Dew. See? I'm trying to be good!

And then there's Easter and I'm doing a basket for Doodle. Already have individual candies (no bags of stuff) and toys, so I won't be too tempted, except maybe by the jelly beans. Gotta have some Peeps, too!










2 comments:

Jake said...

That's great!

Does this mean I can't send you anymore cake recipe's? ;)


Jake :)

GiGi said...

Absolutely not, Jake!! I'll put them in my online cookbook which calculates the calories, carbs, fatm etc with the ingredients and portion size.

I have to face the temptation sooner or later and will have exercise portion control. Or walk an extra 4 miles ;-)