Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today is Hugh's Birthday

With TS Fay still raining on my parade, I am having trouble getting out to get any shopping done. Promised home made chicken and dumplings for dinner with home-creamed corn.

Rick and I took Nora to her oncology appt yesterday. Dr. Duelge said he was running a flow cytometry to make sure her diagnosis of CLL was correct. That is the definitive test. He is also sending her for a CT scan and mammogram. She has a mass in one breast and hasn't had a mammogram since they moved down here. Dr. D. also said that they probably would not treat the CLL for years, just follow.

My Doodle is doing well in school. First grade is LOTS harder, he says, but "I'm really great at Math!" They have about an hour of homework every evening. That's a lot for a first grader IMO!

Laura, Mike and Johnathan are in Orlando getting John settled in. They took a tour of the DAVE (Digital Animation and Visual Effects) school at Universal Studios. Laura said she was not just astounded, she was stunned by the work they are doing there. If John is one of the class "stars" he will be able to write his ticket. I think he wants to go to ILM in London.

No comments: